Fight Back America is the USW Associate Member Program’s Campaign to build power through community action by:
- Bringing people together to fight for good jobs, a fair workplace, access to good healthcare and a clean environment
- Strengthening union ties to all working people and our natural allies, such as students and environmental and human-rights advocates
Fight Back America is reaching out beyond the traditional workplaces to anyone, no matter their job or profession. Anyone can join the Steelworkers, even if they don’t have a union where they work.
Our members come from a variety of backgrounds, including:
- Former USW members
- High school and college students
- Democratic, progressive, environmental, human rights and grassroots activists
- Educators, lawyers, and elected officials
- Blue- and White-Collar workers
- Retired workers, friends and family of Steelworkers
NOTE: The United Steelworkers Associate Member Program is not a union hiring hall or an apprenticeship program. This program is to encourage information exchange, political activity and creative organizing. It is not a jobs program.